How to raise your domain authority
Domain Authority is a domain rating or index that reveals the ability of a website to rank high in the search engines. It can be set using Open Site Explorer, but what if it is found to be low authority? What action to take next?
The higher the authority of your domain, the higher your position in search engines. Domain authority is rated on a scale of 1 to 100 (1 for worst, 100 for best). This is an algorithmic scale – it is much easier to improve the rating when the domain authority is between 20 and 30 than with 70-80. A domain is rated 40-50 as moderate, 50-60 as good, and more than 60 as excellent. This estimation is performed using Moz algorithms.
How is domain authority rated?
There are many factors, but the most important are:
- Linking roots Unique backlinks that benefit your website (from which you can make a profit). If there were 20 links pointing to your website from 2 different websites, you only had 2 linking roots domains. It’s best to post links to your website from as many online sources as possible.
- MozRank is an indicator of how much external links your website is exposed to. In this case, quality is not the quantity that matters.
- MozTrust – An indicator that reveals the quality of external links. Shows how closely (strongly) your website is related to other trusted (and authoritative) websites.
- Quality content. This is one of the most important factors that determine a website’s position in search engines. The quality of the content on your website is a factor that determines the authority of your domain.
- Social signals. The Google search engine uses social signals as one of the key factors in identifying good quality content. Content that Internet users share, like (press – like) or comment on is considered to be of high quality.
Search engine “friendliness”. SEO services are required for your domain to rank high in the search engines.
How to Increase Domain Authority?
Now that we’ve uncovered what domain authority is all about, let’s move on to another important aspect – raising the authority of the domain. How to do it?
Implement these 9 tips.
- Choose a good domain name. Select (create your own or buy an existing one) a domain name related to your website (activity). One of the main criteria when choosing a domain name is easy to remember.
- Optimize the content of your page. SEO services are important to both Google’s search engines and domain authority, so page codes need to be optimized properly, including the title, image tags, and the content itself. Key keywords are also important in this case.
- Create linked content. Create high-quality content that is consistently published. The better, higher quality the content of your website, the more you want to be shared by other reputable websites. Content should be informative, original, texts well written and appropriate.
- Improve the structure of your internal links. Very often, external links are the focus, looking for ways to make the most of them, but internal links are just as important. Internal links can help direct your visitors to exactly where they find what they are looking for. For example, it is important that when you go to the “depth” of your website, they can easily find a way out and return to the homepage as soon as they want. In addition, internal links make it easier for search engines to index your website.
- Remove bad and malicious links. You should regularly check the links on your website. You must remove any links on your website that point to bad or broken websites, as this will adversely affect your website and undermine the authority of the domain. By the way, you can inform the owners of other websites that they are distributing malicious links and request that they be removed. If no agreement is reached, take action yourself. Try to have good and high quality links on your website. There are two ways to do this: Seek out SEO services professionals who will provide high quality backlinks or create a website with valuable information. In other words, take advantage of content marketing.
- Make sure your website is adapted to other devices. Many Internet users access the Internet via mobile devices. If your website is not optimized for mobile devices then you will certainly not be very attractive to users. You can lose quite a few potential customers who, if they realize that your website content is not displaying properly on your mobile phone or tablet, will simply go to competitors.
- Become an authority within your niche. This can be done by creating good content and interacting with your followers on social networks. By building your reputation as an authority, you need to strengthen your brand identity, not only to increase visitor traffic, but also to increase the number of external links from other high quality, trusted sources that will bring you real benefits. Another way to raise your authority is to create guest blogs on other websites that are related to your product (goods or services).
- Increase the loading speed of your website. Slow loading speeds can have a negative impact on your website. This is one of the most common bounce rates. Visitors do not have much patience (and time), so in a few seconds, if the webpage is not loaded, they will go away. And may never come back.
- Promote your website through social networks. Social signals (shares, likes, comments) are important for your website rankings. You need to promote your website content on social networks in order to receive / acquire those signals. Otherwise, if the content is only published on your website, it is very likely that it will not become popular and become public. Post your content links on various social networks and encourage followers to pay attention to you. In your social networking account, post links pointing to your website.
The higher the authority of the domain, the higher the visitor traffic and the higher positions in the search engine results!